Do you have experience planning events for nonprofits?
Are you familiar with online education programs?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you able to prioritize and multi-task?
We are currently in search of a Senior Program & Events Manager for an Association. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Sr. Program & Events Manager
DURATION: Permanent / Direct Hire
SALARY: $70,000-$80,000 annually
Is This Your Dream Job? The Senior Program & Events Manager reports to the Senior Director of Membership Strategy/Business Operations. This person is a key component to event management and growing the online education platform for the association.
- Health, dental, vision
- Life insurance
- Vacation and holiday pay
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 8+ years of experience in event planning, budget development, operational management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is deadline-oriented, personable, collaborative, able to work well under pressure
- Experience with an Association Management System
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Monitor events to ensure satisfaction of participants, resolve any problems that arise and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws.
- Coordinate services for events, such as: accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing, and event security.
- Maintain meticulous records of all event aspects, including financial details.
- Execute all phases of online education program planning, including third-party content development, logistics and project management of budgets and timelines.
- Review educational offering evaluations, making recommendations for program enhancements. Ensure course content is current and platforms are functioning properly.
- Respond to customer service inquiries via phone and email regarding continuing education requirements, online education, and meetings.
- Work with staff and committee members to identify subject matter experts to lead educational programs on relevant topics for members.
We’d love to hear from you. If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Senior Program & Events Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.