Do you have experience in executing large scale events? Are you interested in serving nonprofit causes that support our young girls?
We are currently in search of a Special Events Manager for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a temporary, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Special Events Manager
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Special Events Manager will execute large events with 250-350 individuals in attendance. You will assist with writing letters and acknowledgements to donors and executing donor communications. You will send out donation solicitations and mailings. You will track the progress of donations and events, and take on this assignment for a minimum of 8-9 months.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Contacting vendors and negotiating contracts for large scale events
- Executing preparatory tasks for gala and donor events
- Executing day-of tasks including delegating tasks to event staff and ensuring resolution of any challenges that arise
- Creating donor mailings and initiating contact with donors
- Utilizing Raiser’s Edge to update donor files and input information as needed
- Soliciting donations from donors and engaging new donors
- Additional projects as assigned
- 2-4 years of Event Management experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred, other database systems welcome
- Experience maintaining donor relationships at an organization with budgets of $2MIL+
- Agility, flexibility strong communication skills and a friendly demeanor
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Special Events Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.