Are you passionate about strengthening communities and human services?
Do you have at least 7 years of management experience in a human services or healthcare setting?
Do you work well on a passionate team that is dedicated to their mission?
We are currently in search of a Sr. Director of Child Welfare for a Human Services Organization. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Chicago, IL.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Human Services Organization
POSITION TITLE: Sr. Director of Child Welfare
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Sr. Director of Child Welfare will provide strong leadership in areas including development of new and existing services, overseeing operational standards, budgetary and financial management, client services, quality assurance and human resource responsibilities. The Sr. Director has an overall responsibility for all activities related to the effective and efficient functioning of the organization’s Child Welfare program.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Master’s degree in Social Work required or related field in Human Services; Licensed Social Worker preferred.
- At least 7 years of management experience in a Human or Health Service and/or related industry.
- Knowledgeable of current child welfare standards and best practices.
- A compassionate attitude and strong knowledge of foster care programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills related to grant writing and donor development.
- Strong leadership communication and ability to develop a supportive team approach to the organization.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills as well as resourcefulness.
- Ability to approach their work and learning with a growth mindset.
- A valid driver’s license and access to personal transportation.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Demonstrates leadership in carrying out the agency’s mission, values, guiding principles and communicates those to staff, clients, partners and funding sources.
- Oversee the development and implementation of program policies, procedures, and systems and ensures all child welfare programs and services function effectively.
- Implement initiatives for strategic planning, program growth, and resource development.
- Creates and monitors program budget revenue and expenditures.
- Develops program goals around inputs and outcomes aimed at creating a culture of learning and quality improvement around data systems and program monitoring.
- Hire, develop, and supervise personnel who align with the organization’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensuring program and service delivery compliance.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.