Are you a team player?
Do you learn quickly and able to deliver prompt and outstanding work?
Can you juggle multiple priorities simultaneously?
We are currently in search of a Staff Accountant for a Foundation. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Foundation
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
DURATION: Permanent / Direct Hire
SALARY: $40,000 – $50,000
Is This Your Dream Job? In this position, you will provide general accounting support to the Finance Department. In addition you will reconcile bank statements, prepare and record monthly journal entries and maintain supporting schedules for various accounts.
The selected candidate will work with the Vice President of Finance & Administration performing a variety of accounting functions, financial reporting, and other related activities.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- At least 1-2 years of experience in accounting
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability coverage
- PTO, sick leave
- Professional Development
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Prepare journal entries, complete bank reconciliations
- Assist with budget and audit activities and other year-end reporting
- Process bank deposits, serve as a back-up to other departmental functions such as accounts receivable, and/or accounts payable
- Work as necessary within the iMIS Association Management System and Sage Accounting Package
- Assist with month-end closing and maintain supporting schedules
- Serve as backup to produce payroll through third party vendor
- Assist with special projects
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.