Are you a detailed-oriented Accounting professional?
Do you consider yourself to be well-organized?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Staff Accountant for an Environmental Nonprofit Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Nonprofit Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
SALARY: $52,682 – $59,752
Is This Your Dream Job? We are seeking an ambitious individual who is experienced in handling the full cycle of accounting responsibilities to make a difference in the administrative life of a nonprofit. The ideal candidate will be exceedingly well organized and flexible, and will enjoy the challenges of supporting a small but growing organization of diverse people and programs.
- Competitive health benefits package.
- Generous PTO
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least three (3) years of professional accounting or nonprofit accounting experience including experience managing the full cycle of accounting transactions;
- A University degree in accounting.
- Payroll management experience.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Expertise with QuickBooks, Microsoft, Solomon or other financial accounting software.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on assignments.
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Excellent communications (written and verbal) skills with a professional proficiency in English.
- Eligibility to work in the United States (i.e., U.S. citizen or holding current work authorization).
- Manage the full-cycle of accounts payable.
- Manage the full-cycle of accounts receivable.
- Manage the full-cycle of payroll.
- Manage employee benefits including health care and 403(b) retirement plan contributions and transit benefits.
- Manage, review and process employee expense reimbursement reports.
- Prepare payroll journal entry post to QuickBooks when approved by Director of Finance.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for review by the Director of Finance.
- Reconcile accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other balance sheet accounts.
- File paid invoices.
- Provide Help Desk support to staff regarding payroll, expense reports and related issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.