Are you an accounting professional with at least 3 years of experience?
Do you have prior experience working in Raiser’s Edge?
We are currently in search of a Staff Accountant for an Educational Organization. This is a remote position based in Chicago, IL. This is a part-time, temporary, on-going assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
DURATION: Temporary, On – Going
SCHEDULE: 25 – 30 hours a week
HOURLY PAY: $22.00 – 25.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Staff Accountant reports to the Controller and Sr. Project Manager of Finance, and oversees general staff accounting duties including oversight of student account data, reconciling general ledger accounts and other related tasks within the Finance Office. This is a remote role, where the candidate may need to visit the office every few weeks. Client is looking to get someone started ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ year of finance and accounting experience required
- Accounting degree or strong accounting work experience and skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strongly prefer substantial experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge
- Knowledge and experience with Raiser’s Edge would be a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Prepare and record journal entries for month-end closing
- Handle student account transactions (enter misc charges, etc.)
- Prepare monthly general ledger account roll-forwards, reconciliations and analyses (including bank reconciliations)
- Follow up on outstanding issues and work with the team to clear reconciling issues
- Ensure timely distribution of monthly departmental reporting
- Prepare work papers and assist with the compilation of financial statements for the annual audit
- Follow up on accounts receivable collections, as necessary
- Review corporate credit card expenditures and follow up on unrecorded charges and other issues
- Aid in the preparation of periodic tax filings
- Assist with accounts payable, as needed
- Assist in ad hoc projects, as assigned