Do you have a strong accounting background to bring to a passionate team?
Are you highly skilled in AR/AP practices?
We are currently in search of a Staff Accountant for a Policy and Educational Institute. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Policy and Educational Institute
LOCATION: Washington, DC (remote to start)
POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $75,000 – $85,000 annual salary
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the CFO, this role is responsible for assisting with the operational and fiscal activities of the organization. The candidate will oversee financial reporting, accounts receivable and accounts payable activities, reviewing and processing payments, and posting revenue journal entries to the general ledger. This candidate will collaborate across departments, building relationships, and staying up to date on current practices. The candidate will be a proactive team player that is mission-driven and eager to take ownership over their role. Our ideal candidate has experience utilizing Financial Edge, and any experience with endowments is a huge plus. The candidate will be excited to make an impact.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in the accounting/financial reporting field, with specific experience working in the nonprofit space
- BA/BS in Accounting preferred
- Expertise in AR/AP practices, understanding of GAAP
- Experience using Blackbaud Financial Edge is a must
- Strong collaborator with excellent communication skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assist in administering all accounting policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with principles and regulations
- Work across departments and collaborate on projects
- Prepare general ledger entries, post AR and revenue entries
- Process AP payments, process invoices, reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget, audits, etc.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.