Are you looking for an entry-level staff accountant position?
Are you passionate about serving military families?
We are currently in search of a Staff Accountant for a Military Organization. The position is based in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Military Organization
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $17.00-19.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? National nonprofit looking for full-time staff accountant to join their mission-driven team. This is an excellent position for someone who enjoys interacting with members of their community as much as they do crunching numbers. This organization directly supports members of the military and their families.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1-3 years comparable accounting experience or equivalent training required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge software preferred
- Able to interact effectively with and provide helpful customer service to volunteers, vendors and staff members
- An excellent communicator, orally and in writing
- Effective at working independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, most importantly Word and Excel
- Possess careful attention to detail and accuracy
- Have ability to anticipate and solve problems
- Possess strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Capable of handling multiple priorities and changing circumstances
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Process cash deposits, including desktop deposit of checks, branch deposit of cash, and scanning of deposit backup
- Communicate with vendors, volunteers, staff members and others to answer inquiries and resolve issues related to receipts, payments, invoices, and other related matters
- Manage accounts payable process (obtaining approvals, invoice entry, check disbursements, and A/P transaction reports)
- Prepare Accounts Receivable invoices as required
- Enter accurately coded data into Financial Edge Accounts Payable module and manage check processing
- Manage corporate credit cards and reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Prepare certain journal entries into Financial Edge
- Generate monthly event reports and respond effectively and timely to questions related to these reports
- Maintain filing systems for accounts payable, cash receipts, deposits, and vendor contracts
- Maintain and update reports, as requested
- Assist in year-end close, audit preparation, and Form 990 filing
- Maintain accounting procedures manual and manage annual updates
- Manage year-end 1099 process
- Performs miscellaneous, additional job-related duties, as assigned
- Potential growth includes: Manage event budget process, working closely with Event Operations department, Review gifts under $25K, manage RE gift review process, prepare financial portion of semi-monthly Scorecard report, and assist in monthly department financial preparation
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.