Do you have 15+ years of finance and accounting experience?
Are you passionate about joining and teaching a team that supports research for illnesses and provides resources to patients?
We are currently in search of a nonprofit Vice President, Finance for a Medical Association. The position is based in Silver Spring, MD. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Medical Association
LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD
POSITION TITLE: Vice President, Finance
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $120,000 – $150,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the President & CEO, this position is responsible for the strategic oversight and collaborative leadership over the organization’s finance and accounting functions. This will include overseeing budget development and management, forecasting, regulatory and tax reports, cash management, financial processes and policies, etc. The candidate will oversee and manage the finance team and serve as an in-house resource and educator to the rest of the team. They will be excited to bring their finance expertise to a dynamic and passionate team. The candidate will be a thinker and a doer that is looking to elevate a team and build relationships across the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 15+ years of finance and accounting experience with 5+ years of management experience
· Well-versed in all areas of nonprofit finance and accounting regulations, specifically with experience working at a 501(c)3
· Experience with budgeting, cash management, accounts payable and receivable, investment manager oversight, financial analysis and reporting required
· Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA and/or CPA certification a plus
· Experience working in a complex environment, balancing different demands and discerning when to lead and when to support a team
· A leader that is ready to learn more
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Provide strategic oversight and leadership for the organization’s finance and accounting functions, providing hands-on support for financial operations
· Lead the annual budgeting process and direct internal financial statement preparation, ensure payroll is executed properly and accurately
· Manage risk and ensure compliance with relevant organizational corporate policies, relevant laws, regulations and standards
· Serve as liaison with the Finance and Investment Committees
· As a member of the executive team, participate in cross-departmental meetings and serve as an in-house consultant on financial matters
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.