We are currently in search of a Volunteer Training Specialist for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity with a requirement to work evenings.
ORGANIZATION: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Volunteer Training Specialist
Is This Your Dream Job? We are looking for a Volunteer Training Specialist that will conduct, deliver, and evaluate training programs within the organization for their crucial volunteers. Reporting to the Program Director, you will be responsible of ensuring that all volunteers are performing at the optimal level and overseeing outreach strategies to identify and retain volunteers within the organization. As a Training Specialist, you will play a critical role in serving as a resource to all staff members and volunteers, as well as providing a place of support, to ensure trainings run smoothly and clients’ needs are being met. This is a fantastic role for an individual passionate about social justice and youth empowerment with a background in curriculum development and people management.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Delivers group and individual instruction covering a range of issues around the organization’s best practices, legal policies, and issues surrounding the juvenile justice system
- Coordinates and facilitates workshops, meetings, and trainings on the interpretation of the curriculum and schedule; makes presentations and develops supporting materials, such as handouts or online trainings
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, board, and volunteers; serve as the face of the organization when prospecting new relationships with informed thought leaders in the community
- Support the Volunteer Coordinator in scheduling trainings and utilize a data-minded approach when developing new curriculum
- Facilitate continuing education training around new areas of advocacy and manage all logistical details, from creating an itinerary and soliciting a location
- Bachelor’s degree in social-service related field
- 3-5 years of professional work experience, specially as a volunteer coordinator or trainer
- Demonstrated ability to lead and conduct training; comfortable in public speaking and working on a 1:1 capacity
- Ability to think critically, remain well-organized, and prioritize tasks on competing deadlines, as well as maintain confidentiality
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills; experience using Salesforce, a plus
- Positive, hardworking individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills; comfortable having, at times, difficult conversations
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volunteer Training Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this fad.