Do you have a proven track record in securing major gifts, identifying and acquiring new donors?
Do you have a willingness to develop and leverage Board relationships and a personal passion for government?
Do you have a successful track record in leading development teams?
We are currently in search of a VP of Development for an Association. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: VP of Development
SALARY: $120k – $140k
Is This Your Dream Job?
We are seeking a VP of Development to lead the association’s $3.8 million annual fundraising efforts in collaboration with a highly committed leadership team & Board of Directors.
While the Vice-President of Development will have individual responsibility for securing major gifts, they will also oversee the development staff’s efforts to grow foundation grants, corporate donations and support successful annual fundraising events.
The Vice-President of Development reports to the CEO and is a key member of the senior management team. He or She will manage and mentor two full-time staff members, the Development Associate/Executive Assistant and the Board Liaison/Grant Writer, along with a part-time Development Assistant.
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Personal and Sick
- Several other additional benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with increasing responsibility in development, required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Experience with Donor Perfect, preferred
- Successful, verifiable major gifts results
- Working knowledge of foundation and corporate giving
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with different constituencies (subordinates, managers, peers, donors and Board members)
- A goal-oriented personality who is resilient and creative when faced with shifting challenges and opportunities
- Exceptional work ethic and track record of personal initiative and achievement
- Comfortable using metrics and data to support fundraising plans analytical
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Maintain ultimate responsibility for all contributed revenue-generating activities, including major gifts, foundation and corporate giving as well as develop strategies to increase annual fund gifts
- Manage a portfolio of two dozen major gift prospects and donors, including developing strategies and implementing effective cultivation and solicitation tactics
- Work with the Board of Directors to maximize giving potential of individual members and develop targeted strategies to engage their relationships with other potential new donors
- Provide leadership and guidance of the development department to achieve annual fundraising goals through effective planning, communications and implementation
- Support the CEO in fundraising activities, including developing strategies and tactics for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts
- Hire, manage and mentor development staff, offering direction and support that ensures both effective results and engaged employees
- Work collaboratively with the senior leadership team to develop strategies for ensuring financial and fundraising goals are met.
- Provide leadership support to the Board of Directors and its engagement committees
- Direct and evaluate the effectiveness of all fundraising programs, utilizing agreed upon metrics and established reporting tools
- Create an aggressive, achievable, multi-faceted annual fundraising plan that will support future growth, targeting key areas for growth based on key metrics and core strategy
- Collaborate with Vice President of Operations to develop revenue generation reporting metrics
- Direct the preparation of all annual budgets under development functions and monitor on a monthly basis to ensure expenditures are within budget scope
- Additional duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “VP of Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.