Are you a strategic and creative Education and Programming leader with 3+ years of relevant experience? Are you a passionate believer in the power of education to improve the lives of youth and their families?
We are currently searching for a Youth Education Manager for a Community/Direct Service Organization supporting immigrants (both individuals and families). The position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community/Direct Service Organization supporting immigrants (both individuals and families)
LOCATION: San Francisco Bay Area
POSITION TITLE: Youth Education Manager
ANNUAL SALARY: $65,000-$75,000/year
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Youth Education Manager, you will serve as the first-line administrator responsible for the implementation, supervision, and evaluation of all University Prep activities and services, as well as other youth education programming. Reporting to the Director of Education, this position will ensure the program produces desired student outcomes through graduation. You will supervise, support and evaluate youth program staff and are a patient leader who is collaborative, practical, focused, and detail-oriented.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s in education or related field (Master’s Degree, teaching credential, and/or administrative services credential preferred)
- 2+ years teaching experience preferred, including 1+ year administrative/leadership experience with multiple direct reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience working with Latino, immigrant or low-income communities
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Experience working in a college-readiness or afterschool program preferred
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices in curriculum & instruction, assessment & intervention, and parent engagement strategies
- Knowledge of minimum college entry requirements and college application process, and success factors for college completion
- Ability to collect, analyze and use data at the student as well as program level
- Ability to effectively communicate information both verbally and in writing
- Ability to function with minimal supervision, follow directions, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and manage stressful situations effectively
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Ensure the program produces desired student outcomes
- Monitor student and program progress and outcomes
- Supervise, support and evaluate youth program staff
- Plan and facilitate staff meetings
- Plan and implement staff professional development
- Provide curriculum and instruction guidance for workshops, advisory and tutoring
- Identify, oversee and provide training in student assessment
- Plan and supervise summer programming
- Provide input and program data for grant reports
- Plan and implement family/student recruitment & enrollment
- Implement parent engagement strategy and facilitate parent meetings
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Youth Education Manager” in the subject line.