Are you a confident self-starter with a passion for leading change?
We are currently in search of a Development and Communications Assistant for a Social Services Organization.The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Development and Communications Assistant
DURATION: Temporary, On – going
HOURLY PAY: $14 – $16/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Development and Communications Assistant assists in increasing organization visibility through events, social networking, and print media. This person will support the Development and Communications team’s programming efforts by assisting with administrative tasks, mailings, and logistical planning for events.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years communications experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe’s Creative Suite required
- Prior experience executing events required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Prior experience with social media content generation platforms
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working in a nonprofit, social service environment a plus
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge or other fundraising databases a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Creates content for and updates social media outreach on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media sites on a weekly basis
- Sets up content for monthly e-newsletters and other messages in Online Express including downloading email signups and managing lists
- Sets up newsletter content in InDesign
- Ensures sufficient supplies of informational and promotional materials (brochures, newsletters, annual reports, press packets etc.)
- Attends all-staff retreats, and development staff meetings regularly
- Responds to information requests or forwards requests to the appropriate staff for response
- Assists in completion of event details such as nametags, attendee gifts, etc.
- Creates/updates web site pages, as needed
- Assists in the planning and implementation of events held at organizations locations
- Creates regular reports of results from communications efforts, including downloading monthly email results to Raisers Edge
- Supports the Development and Communications team’s programming efforts by assisting with administrative tasks, mailings and logistical planning for events
- Generates youth activities for community engagement events
- Other duties as requested by supervisor
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development and Communications Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.