Do you have Raiser’s Edge experience?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Development Coordinator for a Political Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a part-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Political Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Development Coordinator
SCHEDULE: 16 hours/week (2 full days 9am-5:30pm)
HOURLY PAY: $15.00-$17.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The part-time development coordinator will be working on a dedicated major gifts team with a track record of success and in external relations to support a larger development team. We are looking for someone with the energy and enthusiasm to help support and build a vibrant philanthropic community. Our ideal candidate is obsessively organized and a motivated self-starter.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1-3 years of experience with Raiser’s Edge required
- Experience with event management and database experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks with minimal direction
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented individual
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to working as a team player
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Maintain the donor database and ensure all RSVPs, donor meetings, events and email correspondences are recorded and tracked
- Create regular fundraising reports and other database reports as needed
- Conduct basic prospect and donor research requests
- Coordinate annual state charitable registration filings to maintain good standing
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for the development department.
- Handle all administrative details associated with various donor engagement strategies including fundraising events, meetings, trips and campaigns
- Support the execution of an annual donor communications calendar
- Prepare and send printed and electronic fundraising materials, including direct mail solicitations, acknowledgements, email communications, event and meeting materials and other fundraising documents as necessary
- Coordinate pre- and post-event logistics, including invitations, RSVPs, signage, agendas, shipment of materials, post-event follow up, etc. for fundraising events, briefing and meetings
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.