Are you a dynamic self-starter that enjoys being a resource for those in need?
We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant for a Philanthropic Organization.The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Philanthropic Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Farragut North)
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
HOURLY PAY: $15 – $18
POTENTIAL SALARY: $50K
Is This Your Dream Job? The Executive Assistant is a jack-of-all-trades, supporting the directors of each department, as well as managing logistics and procedures for the entire office. Additionally and most importantly, this person is responsible for leading the organizations database management and data collection functions.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years of database experience required
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to build consensus and work effectively within a geographically distributed team
- Mission-driven with a strong interest in the humanitarian assistance field
- Strong attention to detail and a strong sense of personal responsibility for one’s work
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent research and writing skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage on-site and remote administrative and logistical operations
- Manage relationship with technology vendors and conduct research to ensure usage of the best vendors possible
- Manage database, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information
- Research and retain new data sources, ensuring proper tagging
- Produce company webinars on site
- Maintain office-wide calendar of events (including grant reporting deadlines, vacation schedules, etc.)
- Manage digital library
- Act as coordinator and producer of teleconferences and webinars
- Organize, plan, and handle the logistics for board and other special in-place meetings
- Assist with other related administrative duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, collating, and producing mailings
- Assist with cultivating relationships with other organizations across the nation to assist with program branding, recruitment, and to enhance the experience of program participants
- Assist with overall logistics associated with programs including developing timelines, arranging travel and lodging, event planning
- Make travel arrangements when necessary and assist in the maintenance of the schedule of the President
- Identify data important to the success of the organization
- Develop and maintain mechanisms to collect, manage, and distribute data
- Develop and implement processes to keep all data details current, clean, and accurate
- Establish guidelines for and manage the correct use of consistent data fields and rules
- Provide staff regular updates and reviews of data status procedures, and progress toward goals
- Facilitate and encourage use of data by staff by creating procedures and training tips
- Explore developing a customer relationship management (CRM) using Hatchbuck
- Stay current on updates to Hatchbuck and other relevant systems; share important new features/functions with staff
- Research and integrate new data and CRM best practices and strategies
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves in times of crisis
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.