Are you an administrative professional looking for an opportunity to grow your career supporting a small foundation staff?
Do you want to work at the cutting edge of public-private partnerships to advance public health and the sciences?
We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant for a Health/Science Foundation.The position is based in Washington, DC (Farragut North metro). This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health/Science Foundation
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Farragut North metro)
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
DURATION: Ongoing, possible temp to perm
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
Is This Your Dream Job? The Executive Assistant will perform a broad range of administrative tasks to support the Executive Director, including scheduling, managing meetings, and communications with Board members. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently with little supervision and taking initiative to complete duties and anticipate upcoming tasks. Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to prioritize and multi-task with accuracy, speed, and enthusiasm are essential. This position would be ideal for a motivated individual interested in expanding your skills and growing your career.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of executive assistant experience preferred
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to be extremely effective independently
- Interest in the following is strongly desired: food safety, drug/medical product safety, public health, scientific and technical disciplines related to health, science communication and education, public-private partnerships
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook) and relevant web-based applications (e.g., Eventbrite, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, Doodle), are required with an aptitude to quickly learn more advanced features, versions and other software
- Strong skills managing records
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Plan and execute diverse tasks at the same time without supervision
- Ability to work with a variety of people with competing demands in a fast-paced environment such as executives, board members, government officials, and other stakeholder groups
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provides a variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director (ED)
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments
- Complete expense and time reports
- Compose and prepare correspondence that is sometimes confidential
- Arrange travel plans and maintain itineraries and agendas
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure ED’s schedule is followed
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the ED with Board members, donors, staff, and others, on matters related to programmatic initiatives
- Research and prioritize incoming issues and concerns including those of a sensitive and confidential matter
- Prioritize conflicting needs, expeditiously, and proactively
- Draft and update standard operating procedures (SOPs) for job duties
- Coordinate and plan meetings and events
- Maintain filing system and orderly record keeping
- Assist with IT needs of the ED
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Assist with special projects
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Serve as the external point of contact for the Executive Director
- Greet office visitors
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Serve as the administrative liaison to the Board of Directors
- Schedule and manage logistics of Board meetings and calls
- Develop board and committee minutes
- Prepare and distribute Board documents and communications
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with Board members
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.