Are you a finance professional with a passion for helping poverty stricken children?
We are currently in search of a Finance and Information Manager for a Social Services Organization.The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (DuPont Circle Metro)
POSITION TITLE: Finance and Information Manager
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
HOURLY PAY: $22 – $24/hour
POTENTIAL SALARY: $45K – $50K
Is This Your Dream Job? The Finance and Information Manager will support the office by providing essential information management, financial analysis, and reporting capabilities. The position includes preparation and analysis of internal financials, day-to-day accounts management, maintenance and upgrade of database platforms as well as additional office operational and administrative support.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Public Administration or relevant field
- 4+ years of experience in Finance and Accounting
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an office setting is required
- Demonstrated technical expertise and advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and other nonprofit technology solutions
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Ability to use data for decision-making or to inform practice
- Experience with systems implementation and office technologies
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and Access
- Comfortable with numbers; Experience in financial analysis
- Attention to detail
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Information Management – serve as overall architect of organization’s financial and information systems. Maintain current systems, make recommendations for changes or upgrades to existing systems, and manage any projects to upgrade existing or the build of new systems.
- Forecasting – work with Finance and Operations team to update all aspects of the monthly and full year financial forecast; provide analysis; prepare and analyze cash forecasts.
- Accounting-maintain accounting records in QuickBooks and files; prepare journal entries. Assist with reorganizing the chart of accounts and implementing other process changes. Process Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts and reconcile accounts on a monthly basis. Works with our off-site accountant in the preparation of financials and reports.
- Internal Reporting – prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements; analyze financial and firm-wide data to track financial trends; provide grant reporting and track releases for management; provide detailed financial activity reports around revenue and expenses to staff and management.
- Board Reporting – assist in providing data, specific reports, financial statements and financial analysis used by the Board of Directors and Board committees.
- Audit-coordinates annual financial audit process and people involved; gather documents and prepare reports required; review and process tax reports and records post-audit.
- Budget-work with Management team and accountant to compile organizational budget; enter budget & track in the books; provide reports and training to increase financial literacy in organization; monitor and update budget as necessary. Help develop and monitor annual budgets and work plan for the General Admin/Operations team.
- Technology- manage existing office and technology equipment, oversee outside technology vendor in planning, back-up, maintenance, and improvements; train staff in technology. Work with the COO/Dir. of Finance and Operations in developing Standard Operating Procedures for technology needs and provide recommendations for solutions. Maintain and troubleshoot phone system, copiers, fax machines and other office equipment.
- System Solutions – Serve as the point person to assess technological needs and provide recommendations and efficient solutions to advance the organization’s business and management decision-making.
- Information Systems – Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the organization’s information and information systems. Knowledge of databases and the ability and comfort in tracking data points to create and produce reports; able to utilize technology solutions to improve office systems and functionality. May involve data entry and data migration work as needed.
- Other special projects for Finance & Administration or other departments as needed.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance and Information Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
**Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.