Can you juggle multiple tasks simultaneously?
Are you a self-starter with a passion for the sciences?
We are currently in search of a Meetings Manager for a Scientific Association.The position is based in Reston, VA. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Scientific Association
LOCATION: Reston, VA (Wiehle-Reston East metro)
POSITION TITLE: Meetings Manager
DURATION: Temporary, 3 Months
SCHEUDLE: 35 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $18.00 – $20.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Meetings Manager is responsible for managing all meeting planning and follow up (including traveling to and attending all meetings), serves as a board liaison (preparing, attending, and following up to all meetings), manages correspondence between staff and Executive Board/committee members, and updates information in iMIS, as well as other general administrative tasks.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ of meeting management experience
- Prior experience using iMIS or other membership database is a plus
- Experience with executive support/ and board relations is a plus
- Prior experience coordinating travel arrangements
- Ability to work quickly and handle last minute requests
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and stay organized
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide administrative support for office including, answering and directing phone calls, coordinating meeting information emails and faxes, checking department mailboxes, and ordering office supplies
- Manage small meeting coordination which includes sending leads to appropriate cities/hotels, requesting vendor contracts, food and beverage coordination, housing
- Assist with audiovisual coordination and billing reconciliation
- Coordinate registration for webinars: process registrations, create/close payment batches, send confirmations, send weekly counts for webinars, and handle email/phone inquiries
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Meetings Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.