Are you looking for an opportunity to aid in the development of a vibrant and growing community?
We are currently in search of a Project Assistant for a Community-Based Nonprofit. The position is based in Arlington, VA. This is a temporary, part-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community-Based Nonprofit
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
POSITION TITLE: Project Assistant
SCHEDULE: Part Time (8-24 hours/week)
SALARY: $15.00 – $18.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? As a Project Assistant, you will be utilizing both your exceptional prospect research skills as well as database maintenance skills to check, update and create member information. The Project Assistant will be responsible for many different tasks and projects within the office, as well as with the development team. If you are a tech-savvy professional with a passion for community development, this position might be for you!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Strong computer and database organization skills, specifically in Excel
- Able to create tables and charts in Excel to present data/research
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- 3-5 years of experience conducting market research and trends, and presenting the information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks at once, but remain efficient and accurate on all accounts
- Innovative with new ways/ideas to uncover information needed and requested for projects; think outside of the box
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, but comfortable “checking-in” and being surrounded by a team of dedicated and talented individuals
- Experience with data entry/auditing of a database
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Using internet search tools to research member businesses
- Updating the organization’s extensive database in Salesforce
- Utilizing Excel to develop formulas, tables, charts, labels, and data manipulation to present information uncovered during research
- Identifying discrepancies in the database; data clean-up and merging
- Cold-calling offices and organizations to gather information as needed
- Other projects as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.