Do you have 1-3 years of bookkeeping or accounting experience?
We are currently in search of a Junior Accountant for an Environmental Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a part-time, temporary to permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (McPherson Square)
POSITION TITLE: Junior Accountant
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 16 hours/week
Is This Your Dream Job? The Junior Accountant will provide part-time support to the Finance Director with Accounts Payable/Receivable, Payroll and Monthly Reconciliations. This position will work in-office 2 days/week, beginning in August or September. This position will be part-time through the end of 2020 with potential to increase to 24 hours/week in 2021.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree required (Accounting, Finance, Business focus highly preferred)
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping
- High level proficiency with Excel required
- Experience with QuickBooks highly desired
- Prior experience with payroll (Paylocity) a plus but not required
- Nonprofit or law firm experience desired
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Processing biweekly payroll with oversight from the Finance Director
- Processing accounts receivable including donations and bank deposits
- Processing accounts payable including invoices, expense reimbursements and FSA activities
- Performing credit card reconciliations
- Enter biweekly salary entries in the General Ledger
- Monthly reconciliations of the General Ledger
- Support the Finance Director with audit preparations
- Manage finance documentation and mass mailings
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Junior Accountant” in the subject line.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.