Position: Managing Director
Reports to: President and CEO
Supervises: Recruiters and Operations
CAREERS IN NONPROFITS INC. is an award-winning, full-service staffing firm that works exclusively with the nonprofit sector. CNP has offices in downtown Chicago, San Francisco and Washington, DC, three of the largest nonprofit markets in the country. Careers In Nonprofits was founded in 2006 by nonprofit recruiting and staffing leader, Nurys Harrigan-Pedersen, whose leadership continues to ensure high-quality service delivered by nonprofit and hiring experts.
CNP offers an energetic, fast-paced environment with considerable room for professional growth and advancement. CNP is dedicated to employing superstars and is committed to providing the highest standards of mentorship and leadership to employees. By providing rigorous, ongoing training and development of staff, as well as certification of all members of the leadership team, we develop and empower our staff to be the experts in all things nonprofit staffing and recruiting. Most importantly, we support staff to become the best version of themselves, which in turn ensures a healthy and productive work culture for all. CNP provides competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Position Description: At CNP, Managing Directors are fully responsible for the oversight of organization’s client services and partnerships, ensuring optimal productivity, strategic planning and growth, and fulfilling duties delegated by Executive staff. Managing Directors will represent the organization to current and prospective clients. Additionally, s/he will work with Recruiters to sustain and grow programs and services, while directing activities for the branch and ensuring performance goals are met and set. The Managing Director will report to the President and CEO and oversee a team of Recruiters.
- Leads and oversees Branch of 3+ staff in achieving goals related to sales, recruiting, and profitability
- Reports directly to President and CEO, advising on business decisions, company needs, and resources
- Creates and implements strategic client relations and business development initiatives including sales campaigns, marketing pieces, and promotional offerings
- Develops and implements organizational development strategies, including internal hiring processes, job descriptions, and employee training
- Leads business development efforts by making targeted prospect calls, managing a pipeline, and serving as initial point of contact for new clients
- Oversees successful customer retention efforts through activities such as quality assurance calls and in-person meetings with clients to ensure the firm is meeting client’s staffing needs
- Manages and mentors Recruiters providing guidance to achieve optimal team performance
- Performs human resource activities including hiring, on-boarding, performance reviews, and employee retention
- Determines additional staffing needs for branch and creates new positions as needed
- Analyzes data to make well-informed business decisions and assess performance of branch performance against goals
Recruiting & Client Management
Other Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Skills and Education/Experience:
- 3-5 years of management/leadership experience in a production based environment
- 3-5 years of successful recruiting or sales experience
- Experience using a relational database with strong computer skills in MS Office and Internet research; Social Media experience is a plus
- Knowledge of and/or experience in nonprofit sector
- Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, act with a sense of urgency, prioritize and multi-task, provide excellent service, and be a team player
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, decision-making skills, and interpersonal skills are required
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Previous interviewing and hiring experience
- Analytical skills and demonstrated ability to apply data outcomes to recruitment strategies and employee development
- Proven ability to train and motivate employees
- Public speaking experience is a plus
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.