Are you looking for your next step in the field of finance and operations?
Do you have a passion for supporting human services organizations?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Director of Finance and Operations for a Human Services Organization. The position is based in Near West Suburbs of Chicago. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Human Services Organization
LOCATION: Near West Suburbs of Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Director of Finance and Operations
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM
HOURLY PAY: $65.000-$75,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job: The Director of Finance and Operations reports to the Executive Director and will be a hands-on and collaborative director who will develop and implement policies and procedures related to finance, agency planning, programming, budgeting, human resources, grant management and administration. This is a new position that will work closely with the Executive Director and office manager/bookkeeper to scale up this growing organization’s human resources capacity and help maintain its high standard of fiscal health. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization and assist in pushing its critical, mission-driven work forward.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years in experience fields in Finance, Operations and Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting/related field required; Master’s degree a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and QuickBooks
- Experience with grants management, financial management, audit oversight, and human resource management
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, with ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative and organized problem solver
- Strong interest in supporting human needs
- While we have a set of preferred qualifications listed, if you have other experience that you think is related, please apply and detail in your cover letter
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Prepare, analyze and present financial reports; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements, and oversee all financial project/program and grants accounting
- Work closely with the finance committee and board members on budget and finance-related policies and procedures
- Establish and coordinate an inclusive annual budget process
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditor and the finance committee of the board
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Manage the billing process and grant administration for a small number of inter-agency partnerships and maintain quality control standards for grant billings
- Improve the reporting capability and interface between the organization’s current accounting software and donor management software
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; periodically review and propose updates to the written fiscal policy and procedure manual
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.