Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Are you highly organized with a strong attention to detail? Is your passion to help preserve affordable housing and prevent homelessness? Do you have experience meeting tight deadlines and maintaining confidentiality?
We are currently in search of an Emergency Response Funds Specialist for a Human Services and Social Justice Organization. The position is based in San Francisco. This is a Full-Time, Permanent role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Human Services Nonprofit Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Emergency Response Funds Specialist
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: $50K – $60K
Is This Your Dream Job? The Emergency Response Funds Specialist is responsible for the timely preparation, processing, logging and delivery of rental and emergency financial assistance payment to clients. The position requires individuals who truly enjoy working with people, have the skills and capacity to respond when necessary in an empathetic and respectful way to clients who are often in crisis, and can work effectively in a collegial and fast paced environment. This position, as part of the Administrative team, will require both telecommuting work from home, and some onsite work at the office in San Francisco.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 1-3 years’ experience working with diverse colleagues and clients
- Accounts Payable experience a plus
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required
- Experience with MS Office and Google Suite, Salesforce experience a plus
- Excellent Communication skills, strong writing skills a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and handle a high volume of activity and be able to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Collaborate with program and admin staff to coordinate and implement the processing of the emergency financial assistance payments to clients
- Salesforce data entry as it relates to emergency funds duties.
- From time to time you will deliver emergency financial assistance payments to clients in person
- Assist with the preparation of bank deposits and other clerical finance duties as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.