Do you have 4+ years of program or project management experience in healthcare?
We are currently in search of a Program Manager for a Community Advocacy Organization. The position is Remote. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Remote (with some in-person events around the DC metro area)
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager
DURATION: Temporary (Ongoing)
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $25.00 – $30.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Program Manager will focus on healthcare initiatives across the DC metro, managing a portfolio of work. This position is responsible for working with partners, institutions and the healthcare community to achieve reductions in health disparities around the region. Through the strategic development of relationships, building of partnerships and engagement of volunteers, this person will be responsible for refining and implementing priorities, strategies and initiatives to reduce barriers to health. This role will primarily work remotely until offices reopen, but may need to attend on-site events occasionally to monitor their success. This could be a temporary to permanent opportunity for the right person.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 4+ years of healthcare-related project or program management experience required
- Prior experience tracking and reporting on program outcomes preferred
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite, especially Excel
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work with other Program Managers to identify opportunities to collaborate, layer and leverage each other’s portfolio of investments to maximize community impact
- Build relationships with assigned community-based organizations through meetings
- Serve as primary contact for nonprofit agencies
- Become familiar with all funded programs and operations
- Consult with grant-making organizations to determine best practices and strategies for partnerships
- Serve as a knowledge expert to impact partners
- Build strategic program-based partnerships and collaborations
- Develop grant proposals for funding opportunities, utilizing community needs data and established funding criteria
- Coordinate online application and review platforms for grant applicants
- Recruit regional volunteers to serve as grant readers during review process
- Prepare quarterly check requests for grant payments
- Attend appropriate community functions and events, serving as a representative for the organization
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.