Do you have the experience in managing fundraising database and correspondence and keeping a development team organized and prepared? Do you have a passion and commitment to empower those with disabilities in the community?
We are currently in search of a Development Associate for a Human Services Organization creating a more accessible world for people with disabilities. The position is based in Marin County, CA with some remote flexibility a couple of days a week.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Human Services Organization creating a more accessible world for people with disabilities
LOCATION: Marin County with some remote flexibility a couple days a week
POSITION TITLE: Development Associate
SALARY RANGE: $55-58k+ plus excellent benefits
Is This Your Dream Job? The Development Associate will provide support to a large Development Team and work alongside two other Development Associates to oversee data entry and donor details in Salesforce (organization is currently transitioning from Raiser’s Edge to Salesforce) as well as providing administrative support to individual and major donor stewardship and events. This is a great position for someone who is detail-oriented, organized and truly enjoys working behind the scenes and keeping the Development Operations team organized and accurate to allow them to more positively impact the lives of people with disabilities.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1-2+ years of related nonprofit development/fundraising experience with understanding of gift processing procedures and standards
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce highly preferred, experience in fundraising software required
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite programs
- Ability to keep organized with multiple projects, prioritize appropriately and carry out assignments independently and exercise good judgment
- High level of customer service skills and communications skills with ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work long period of time at a computer
- Strong listener; comfortable receiving input from many sources and able to build consensus
- Commitment to organization’s mission and values, with an understanding or genuine interest in learning about communities impacted by disabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Receive, process, post, and acknowledge donations in a timely fashion. Reconcile related data entry activity against accounting records
- Respond in a timely manner to common inquiries or complaints from current and potential donors and their families with great customer service attitude
- Primary administrative support for Events including sponsorship gift processing, event registrations, and day of support
- Administrative support for mid-level donor and major donor giving including fulfilling stewardship deliverables
- Manage all Electronic Funds Transfers for scheduled gift postings
- Perform Database Management functions to ensure accurate data entry and data maintenance
- Assist with email campaign management including responding, unsubscribing and coding post email blasts
- Help monitor donations email inbox and phone coverage for constituent needs
- Maintain the Fundraising Database Procedures Manual by monitoring and entering additions and amendments as needed
- Adhere to our organization’s safety policies and procedures and encourage others to do the same. Promptly report incidents and accidents according to campus procedures.
- Use ethical standards to keep to donor confidentiality organizational guidelines
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Development Associate” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.