Are you passionate about human rights?
Do you have a strong background in executive management and leading an organization?
We are currently in search of an Executive Director for a Human Rights Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC (the organization is open to remote candidates that relocate to DC upon the office reopening when safe. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Human Rights Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (remote to start and open to candidates relocating upon the office reopening)
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: $180,000 – $225,000 annual salary
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the Board of Directors and directly supervising a team of about 5, this role is responsible for providing oversight and guidance to the entire organization and its strategic direction. The candidate will also develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and organizations. Our ideal candidate has experience working in the human rights space, as well as being exposed to the policy space. The candidate will be a true leader that cares about developing, coaching, and growing a team and someone that is excited to take an impactful organization to the next level.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 10+ years of organization management experience, senior leadership experience is highly recommended
- Graduate degree required, ideally related to business, law and/or politics
- A background in the human rights space is a big bonus, as well as any policy/advocacy/governmental experience
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and be a transparent leader
- Strong financial management experience, including fiscal analysis, forecasting, budgeting, cash flow management, and reporting
- Several years of fundraising experience, particularly with individual donors and grants
- Thrives in a fast-paced and growing environment
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and implement strategic plans that meet goals and objectives created in partnership with the Board of Directors
- Establish & ensure that all communication from the organization is done so passionately, professionally, and respectfully
- Manage and review the budget and financial aspects of the organization
- Develop and maintain beneficial relationships with stakeholders, organizations and be a front-facing representation of the organization
- Help to oversee and execute a new development strategy
- Create and maintain a culture of transparency and communication
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.