Do you have 3+ years’ experience in nonprofit development and data management?
Are you passionate about supporting underserved populations?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Development Coordinator for a Social Services Organization. This position is based in Chicago, IL.
Organization Type: Social Services Organization
Location: Chicago, IL
Schedule: Full time (40 hours/week)
Salary: $40,000-$50,000 annual
Is This Your Dream Job? The Nonprofit Development Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the constituent relationship management system, database management, gifts processing, reports, website management, communications, and event management support. This role will support the goals and objectives of the Development Department in an effort to increase funding and raise awareness for the people served and the programs and services offered at the organization. This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently unemployed and looking to start a new position ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years’ demonstrated experience managing constituent database management systems for nonprofits required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficiency with CRM Database Systems such as NeonCRM and Raiser’s Edge
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with Adobe Create Suite software including InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe and Photoshop
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, presentation and design skills
- Ability to manage a creative and collaborative process with internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of HTML, WordPress and digital platforms preferred
- Superior project management, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Sound judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze information and use data modify programming accordingly
- Empathy for individuals who are experiencing homelessness
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage all aspects of the constituent relationship management system, NeonCRM, ensuring the database effectively captures constituent information and generates accurate reports
- Accurately process, record, track and acknowledge all contributions, pledges and event revenue and provide accurate and timely reports
- Accurately record and acknowledge in-kind donations
- Monitor and track online giving platforms, workplace giving campaigns, and matching gift applications and process incoming donations as they are received
- Monitor and respond to information requests and development email accounts
- Implement moves management procedures and process, including conducting data analysis to target appropriate constituents
- Provide development department with training in the proper use of the constituent database, developing and implementing standard practices and guidelines for data entry
- Work in collaboration with finance to ensure data accuracy through monthly reconciliation meetings, and cross-referencing reports
- Ensure the performance, accuracy, integrity and security of database
- Serving as the liaison to vendors and the development department in maintaining the hardware and software and troubleshooting problems
- Collaborate with development director to plan, develop and execute special events
- Conduct data analysis and research to identify and target appropriate audiences for special events
- Secure and coordinate sponsorship, raffle and silent auction items for events
- Manage logistics, vendor requirements, timelines, contracts, etc. for special events
- Manage website on a WordPress platform, including posting new content, creating new pages and overseeing its ongoing functionality and maintenance
- Develop and manage social media platforms, calendars and communications
- Manage fundraising appeals and other mailings, including work with printer, mail house, post office and other vendors and monitor and track results.
- Lead the design and production of eNews in MailChimp and printed newsletters in InDesign
- Assist with the rollout and management of the organization’s new brand identity
- Develop and maintain tracking and storages systems for marketing and communications collateral, including stories, photos and video content
- Manage the ongoing relationships with online vendors, including NeonCRM, Donor Search, MailChimp and more
- Maintain the password list for online portals
- Provide support for Board of Director and Development Committee meetings
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.