Are you a strong technical writer?
Do you excel at managing projects?
Do you work well in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Business Development Proposal Writer for a Consulting Firm. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Downtown Chicago.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Consulting Firm
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Business Development Proposal Writer
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
SALARY: $55,000 – $60,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Nonprofit Business Development Proposal Writer reports to the Assistant Vice President and Director of Business Development and will create and edit proposals for new business and sales presentations. This is not a client-facing role, instead, this individual will work with subject matter experts, identify client needs, work with consultants to develop creative solutions, and translate those solutions into proposals with proper scope and pricing. The Firm is seeking a detail-oriented technical writer, with strong project management skills and the ability to pivot quickly between projects and tasks.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required, a focus in marketing, journalism, communications, or an art discipline (i.e. theater) preferred.
- 2+ years’ professional experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization or professional services firm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, and SharePoint.
- Strong technical writing (proposals, grants, etc.) experience required.
- Proficiency in editing and proofreading.
- Possesses project management and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and pivot quickly between shifting demands and new business opportunities.
- Self-starter, flexible, and detail-oriented.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work with consultants to generate high-quality, persuasive proposals, sales presentations, and other business development materials.
- Partner with consultants to scope projects and calculate accurate prices.
- Identify improvements to templates, systems, and processes to ensure quality and consistency across all proposals.
- Review and proofread proposals developed by other team members, ensuring quality and consistency.
- Perform edits and coordinate other activities required to ensure on-time delivery of error- free, client-focused proposals under aggressive deadlines.
- Collaborate with other staff members to ensure the effective integration of all firm research and relevant client case studies into proposals.
- Maintain an archive of proposal development documents in a shared database.
- Participate in project-based work as needed.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.