Do you have previous experience working in accounting?
Are you passionate about mission driven work?
We are currently in search of an Accounting Associate for a Health and Wellness Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health and Wellness Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (West Loop)
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Associate
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEUDLE: Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $18.00 – $20.00/hour
SALARY: $40,000 – $50,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The Accounting Associate will work closely with the Finance Manager, CEO, and program staff in carrying out accounting and financial duties. The accounting associate assists, supports and maintains the bookkeeping and accounting functions of the agency. Key areas of responsibility are accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, reconciliations, and assistance with cost allocation analysis, grants, contract administration, audit preparation, and budgeting.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelors’ degree, Accounting or Finance preferred
- 1 + years of Accounting, Bookkeeping experience required
- Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks (QuickBooks online experience is a plus) and Excel
- Knowledge of non-profit finance and accounting practices, including grants management and financial reporting
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/Reconciliations
- Code, enter, and monitor billing, payables, payroll, business credit card accounts, ACH withdrawals, and automatic recurring expenses in QuickBooks Online
- Maintain vendor purchase orders, invoices, statements, and historical records
- Manage and respond to inquiries from vendors and personnel
- Create and send billing invoices, track and process payments including third party merchant payments, record deposits, and monitor the accounts receivable aging report by following up with payers to ensure timely receipt of payments
- Enter grant, contract, and donor receivables into QuickBooks Online
- Conduct monthly bank (checking, savings, and credit card) and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Allocate direct costs and expenses to appropriate cost centers
- Allocate monthly indirect costs to program cost centers for foundation, non-profit, government grants and fee-for-service contracts
- Allocate shared costs (rent, supplies, etc.) to program cost centers
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of direct and indirect cost analysis and financial reporting for private foundations grants, state and federal government grants, and external audits
Grant and contract administration
- Track YTD revenue and expenditures and work with program staff and management to ensure expenditures are spent within the required timeframe
- Produce grant vouchers for reimbursement in the form(s) required by funders, including information such as YTD expenditures, reconciliation of advances,
- Assist with the monitoring and tracking of grants and associated contracts, including preparing payments and tracking receipts, and processing financial reports for funded awards
- Assist with outside accounting firm to prepare for the audit, including fixed asset/depreciation schedule, vacation accruals, payroll reconciliations, and development of worksheets with information needed by auditor and provide auditor with records as requested for testing
- Assist management and program staff with development of annual budget by providing information on fixed costs, salaries, benefits, and revenue projections
- Assist with preparing budgets and budget narratives for grant proposals including converting financial data to the budget templates required by the grantors
Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to Ashley Viscardi at email@example.com with “Accounting Associate” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.