Do you have previous experience working in accounting?
Are you passionate about mission driven work?
We are currently in search of an Accountant for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (North Lawndale)
POSITION TITLE: Accountant
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEUDLE: Full-time (40 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $20.00 – $25.00/hour
SALARY: Up to $60,000, salary commensurate with experience
Is This Your Dream Job? Under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Accountant is responsible for performing functions related to the daily financial and operational management of the organization. This includes a variety of reconciliation, review and processing duties, ensuring accurate and timely financial recordkeeping, and supervising the Bookkeeper.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years Accounting experience (non-profit experience, a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven expertise with QuickBooks or comparable accounting software
- Payroll experience
- Highly detail-oriented and organized to ensure work product accuracy
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite and demonstrated ability to learn new programs
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and verbal skills
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Good interpersonal skills and flexibility within a small office, along with confidentiality and thoroughness
- Supervise Bookkeeper to ensure that all relevant financial and transaction data is entered and categorized in QuickBooks accurately and on a timely basis to ultimately ensure accuracy of financial statements
- Review and approve revenue and expense entries
- Payroll reconciliation and processing
- Accounts Payable – review payments and generate checks, ensure accuracy between invoices and payment method, ensure all back-up data is obtained and filed; manage vendor accounts; generate year-end 1099s
- Accounts Receivable – coordinate deposits and prepare invoice requests, ensure accuracy, ensure all back-up data is obtained and filed
- Reporting – generate monthly financial reports, contract vouchers, funder fiscal reports; prepare files and other documents for audits
- Oversee Filing/Recordkeeping to ensure accurate and organized records/documents through existing or their preferred filing system
- Perform other special projects and analysis as assigned by the Director of Finance
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to Ashley Viscardi at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.