Do you have at least 2 years of experience in administrative support?
Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can grow your skill set?
We are currently in search of an Administrative Assistant for an Association. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (Loop)
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 32 hours/week (T – F)
HOURLY PAY: $12.00 – $14.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Administrative Assistant works closely with the Executive Director to facilitate the efficient operations of the association by performing a variety of clerical and administrative tasks. This is an in person role, looking to get someone started ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ year of administrative experience required
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience working with MS Office Suite required, CRM or AMS systems a plus
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as record-keeping and filing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Zoom/Skype required
- Able to work in-office
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Answers and transfers phone calls, screening when necessary
- Welcomes and directs visitors
- Maintains filing systems as assigned
- Monitors and either responds to membership submissions or assigns the inquiry to appropriate staff
- Supports meetings by:
- Submitting paperwork with respect to accreditation for all meetings and webinars
- Handling meeting logistics including but not limited to registration lists and badges
- Supports Membership by assisting with mailings and other tasks as requested
- Responds to and resolves general administrative inquiries and questions
- Maintains office supplies and coordinates maintenance of office equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.