Are you looking for an administrative role that will get you out the house?
Do you know how to speak Spanish?
We are currently in search of an Administrative Assistant for a Community Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, temporary, on-going assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (Blue Line)
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DURATION: Temporary, On – Going
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $16.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Administrative Assistant is responsible for overseeing the smooth operation of the front desk/reception area. Responsibilities include performing clerical work for the office, answering phones, and directing residents as appropriate. This is an in-person role, where strict COVID-19 guidelines are enforced. This role is looking to get someone started ASAP!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1+ year of administrative experience required
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Prior experience working with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) required
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Excellent customer services skills with strong communication
- Proficient with Zoom/Skype required
- Able to work in-office
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Ensure the general functioning of office operations, including but not limited to receiving and directing callers or visitors in a professional and courteous manner, handling mail, messenger, and correspondence/typing as requested, maintaining electronic and paper record keeping and filing systems including tenant files.
- Monitor and coordinate all matters related to office supplies including but not limited to: office supply organization, ordering, inventory control, and distribution.
- Coordinate, carry out and ensure physical office and work space accommodations including but not limited to: general office set up, new employee office set up, space planning needs, interview room set up and accommodations, etc.
- Plan and carry out logistics and related duties for meetings, and special projects and initiatives including but not limited to: preparing correspondence, location and site preparation.
- Coordinate and process all aspects of laundry vending systems (card machines, etc.) and tenant parking stickers in accordance with organizational protocol and policies (record keeping, issuing to new tenants, issuing of revised stickers, interface with organizing staff and policies, etc.)
- Operate and facilitate the maintenance and upkeep of all office equipment (fax, copiers, postage, etc.) in coordination with the Technology Manager as appropriate.
- Perform daily data entry on the computer including, but not limited to: entering initial and completed work orders as well as printing work orders.
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.