Are you a higher education professional with a passion for career development?
Do you have a passion for building relationships?
Are you located in Chicago and looking for a remote role?
We are currently in search of an Associate Director of Employer Relations for an Educational Organization. This is a remote position based in Chicago, IL. This is a part-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (Remote)
POSITION TITLE: Associate Director of Employer Relations
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 25 – 30 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $20.00
SALARY: $48,000 – $50,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The Associate Director of Employer Relations will build and manage relationships with employers and alumni to enhance the employment and internship opportunities for students and alumni. The associate director will manage the administrative functions of Handshake and coordinate career fairs. The role will report to the Executive Director of Alumni Engagement and Career Development. This is a remote role, based in Chicago – looking to get someone started ASAP!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years’ experience in career services, workforce development, human resources or recruiting
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Prior experience working with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Ability to development and cultivate employer relationships to serve students
- Excellent customer services skills with strong communication
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in building new internal and external relationships on an ongoing basis
- Knowledge of career database systems (Handshake), Banner, and Blackbaud systems
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to service excellence by embodying Roosevelt’s core values, mission, and vision in every aspect of the role working with students, faculty, staff, and visitors
- A positive and professional demeanor is a must
- Ability to work collaboratively across disciplinary and interdisciplinary lines, and to interact successfully with a diverse constituency of varying backgrounds
- A self-starter who takes initiative, has an ability to work independently, highly developed organizational and leadership skills
- Candidate must communicate and employ interpersonal actions that model responsible, accountable and ethical conducts
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Research potential new employers and conducts in-person, phone, email, and other types of communication outreach to potential and existing employer partners to promote on campus recruitment opportunities.
- Strategically cultivate relationships and strengthens communication with new and existing employer partners, alumni, foundations, and corporate relations to maximize student employment and long-term relations.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact to guide recruiters and campus partners through the job posting and campus recruiting process. Presents related information to employers and students (e.g., navigating Handshake) in virtual and in-person settings.
- In partnership with the marketing team, supports the design and delivery of communications and marketing material to students, alumni, and employers regarding recruitment activities.
- Manage Handshake; the integrity of job postings, respond to support requests from students and employers, and approves employer accounts and job postings according to university recruiting policies.
- Lead and organize campus-wide career fairs including employer recruitment and event management.
- Partner with alumni relations and advancement to identify employer partnership and potential corporate sponsors.
- Attends meetings on campus, and off campus, conferences and workshops regarding career planning and job search.
- Researches and stays informed in national, state and local hiring practices, employment trends and other labor related issues.
- Attend career-related and selected events across the university and colleges.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.