Do you have 2+ years of experience in marketing or communications?
Are you a strong writer?
We are currently in search of a Communications Assistant for a Community Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC (Hybrid). This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Hybrid Option Available)
POSITION TITLE: Communications Assistant
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $19.00 – 20.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Communications Assistant will lead the day to day drafting of social media and newsletter content. This organization works closely with businesses, leaders and residents of a neighborhood in DC and much of the communication will be around events and goings-on around the neighborhood. Attendance at some of those events will be necessary, including occasional evenings and weekends. This role has the opportunity to become a permanent position with an estimated salary between $55-$60k.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of marketing or communications experience required
- Prior experience utilizing social media in a professional capacity required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Prior work in the nonprofit sector or with community-based advocacy
- Proven ability to create clear and error-free written content
- Familiarity with WordPress and MailChimp preferred
- Must be able to attend on-site events, some of which are in the evenings or on weekends
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Create and post daily content for all social media platforms
- Write/update monthly newsletter with information regarding changes in the neighborhood and upcoming events
- Send out regular communication to members via MailChimp
- Make updates to the website to include information on community events using WordPress
- Assist with event engagement by doing community outreach to boost participation/attendance
- Attend community events, engage with the community members and write content summarizing the events and promoting future ones
- Support the writing of the annual report as needed
- Draft press releases as needed and manage all media assets
- Draft crisis communication to be used by the CEO as needed
- Brainstorm with team on strategy development as it relates to communications
- Communicate with businesses and community partners to build partnerships and capture appropriate messaging
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Comms” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.