Do you have 3+ years of communications experience?
Are you passionate about serving medical and/or Hispanic populations?
We are currently in search of a Communications Coordinator for an Association. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Farragut Square)
POSITION TITLE: Communications Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $19.00 – $22.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Communications Coordinator will report to the Director of Programs and will be responsible for assisting with day-to-day communications and marketing as well as conference preparations. This position is intended to be temporary to permanent with an anticipate salary of about $50k. This position will be 100% on-site.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of nonprofit communications experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Nonprofit social media management experience required
- Proven ability to drive membership activity and engagement highly preferred
- Experience writing newsletters and for websites highly preferred
- Proven ability to manage web content required
- Basic graphic design experience a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation
- Manage social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Snapchat), posting original content and monitoring activity
- Track and gather social media metrics for monthly grant reports
- Regularly update the website via Oasis
- Work with team to create content for the monthly newsletters
- Format and disseminate newsletter via Constant Contact
- Assist team with all conference promotions and outreach as well as marketing materials
- Pack and ship materials for conferences and exhibits when necessary
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.