Do you have 3+ years of communications and media relations experience?
Do you possess strong attention to detail and writing skills?
We are currently in search of a Communications Manager for a Public Policy Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Public Policy Advocacy-Based Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Communications Manager
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $75,000 – $85,000/annually
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the Director of Communications, this role is responsible for developing and writing a variety of content for the organization, including press releases, op-eds, newsletters, blog posts, and more. This candidate will identify proactive opportunities to engage with the media and manage media inquiries. The role works with team members across the organization and the right candidate will be flexible and adaptable and eager to jump in as needed. The candidate will have incredible attention to detail and will thrive on taking complex issue and making them engaging to an audience. They will be excited to be a part of a small and dynamic group of hard-working professionals in this newly developed role.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of communications experience, with a background in media relations, building relationships with reporters and pitching stories
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent writing and editing skills with incredible attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Experience in media relations is key
- A background in taking complex topics and making them engaging is ideal
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- 50% of this role is developing and writing content, including press releases, op-eds, newsletters, blog posts, speeches, and talking points
- Manage and be proactive in building media relations, pitching stories and developing relationships with reporters
- Manage communications research and execute paid media partnerships
- Collaborate with internal partners to coordinate and manage the creation, publication and distribution of resources and reports
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.