Do you have 5+ years of experience in community engagement and operations?
We are currently in search of a Community Engagement Manager for a Community-Based Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC (Hybrid). This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community-Based Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Hybrid Available)
POSITION TITLE: Community Engagement Manager
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $25.00 – $26.50
Is This Your Dream Job? The Community Engagement Manager will lead external relations on behalf of this community-based organization. This person will work closely with businesses, community leaders and residents of the area to understand challenges and work towards creating solutions. They will lead the way on bringing together the right people to solve problems, ensure community members feel supported and encourage partnerships and collaboration. This is a front-facing role with a lot of community engagement, including attending community events. This person must be available to be onsite at least 3 days/week. This opportunity could be a permanent role for the right person, with an anticipated salary between $75k-$80k.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of community engagement and/or operations experience
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable meeting with community leaders
- Ability to engage people of different backgrounds with competing priorities
- Proven ability to bring people together, lead meetings and follow through on action items
- Must be able to track relationships and action-items via MS Office Suite and CRM system
- Must be comfortable being mobile and regularly attending meetings outside of the office
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Engage with the community, learn about the challenges of business owners, community leaders and residents and work to find solutions
- Track necessary community repairs (such as sidewalks) and contact the right people to ensure items are fixed in a timely manner
- Attend community-based meetings, including local government meetings related to transportation, parks & recreation and public safety
- Host meetings as needed on specific needs of the community to find solutions to ongoing concerns
- Follow up on action items including keeping community members updated on progress
- Attend community events as needed and build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Assist with internal communications as needed
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Community Engagement” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.