Are you passionate about community and social justice missions?
Do you have at least 1–3 years of experiencemanaging the fundraising and communications efforts for an organization?
Do you work well on a dynamic, passionate team that is dedicated to their mission?
We are currently in search of a Development and Communications Coordinator for a Faith-basedOrganization. This is a full-time, permanent position is based in Chicago.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Faith-based Organization
POSITION TITLE: Development and Communications Coordinator
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Development and Communications Coordinatormanages and carries out the organization’s overall fundraising efforts, marketing and communications, and alumnae activities with an emphasis on grant writing and special events, working closely with the Executive Director and Program Team. The Organization is seeking a mission-driven, results-oriented, hardworking team player who takes great pride in their work and has strong integrity.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
• Minimum 1-3 years of relevant development and/or communication experience, preferably in a nonprofit office setting.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Salesforce, Mailchimp, and various social media platforms.
• Must possess effective written and oral communication skills and strategic and analytical thinking skills.
• Able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, and prioritize competing responsibilities.
• Comfortable working in a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Familiarity with/understanding of the Catholic faith tradition and comfort working in a faith-based agency.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
• Designing a comprehensive, annual development strategy and communication timeline for the Organization that incorporates: individual, corporate, foundation and government funders,volunteers, program participants, alumnae.
• Managing efforts to identify, cultivate and solicit prospects that have both the capacity and demonstrated interest in advancing mission-related areas of the Organization.
• Leading efforts in research, writing, and submission of foundation, corporate, and government grant proposals and reports, in partnership with the Executive Director and the Program Team.
• Conceiving, marketing, planning, and coordinatingspecial events together with the development committee of the board of directors.
• Supporting and engaging the alumnae committee of the board of directors to ensure a successful annual reunion event and additional social gatherings.
• Facilitating board and volunteer involvement in the fundraising process and track progress toward fundraising goals, while serving as a member of the development committee of the boardcommunications.
• Designing and implementing brand-conscious campaigns to increase awareness about the mission of the Organization and to support/promote programming and fundraising efforts.
• Leading efforts to design and execute basic graphic design and layout tasks for events and initiatives, including the Organization’s web presence.
• Managing internal and external outreach with various audiences, including all print and electronic communications for the Organization.
• Coordinating and supporting the Organization to enhance the coverage and awareness of the Organization by the press, with policy makers, and among current stakeholders.
• Overseeing donor database systems and record-keeping procedures to ensure receipt, recording, and acknowledgement of all gifts.
• Providing regular progress reports covering all aspects of organizational fundraising to Executive Director and board of directors.
• Assisting and supporting all administrative, operational and program activities as necessary.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Development and Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers InNonprofits and our other available opportunitiesand workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.