Do you have 1 year of fundraising and outreach experience?
Are you passionate about supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities?
We are currently in search of a Development Assistant for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC (begin remote). This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Remote to Start)
POSITION TITLE: Development Assistant
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $17.00 – $21.00 (DOE)
Is This Your Dream Job? The Development Assistant will help manage a list of low to mid- level individual donors and assist in facilitating events. This person will manage the annual grant calendar and have exceptional opportunity for professional development with grant writing and building relationships with donors. This is an entry level role, that will be compensated on an hourly basis. The position will begin remotely and return to office once COVID cases have declined in the DC metro area.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1-3 years of fundraising, outreach and/or communications experience
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Prior experience with or passion for serving individuals with intellectual disabilities
- Prior experience with donor database highly preferred (eTapestry a plus)
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Cultivate list of donors, building relationships through annual giving activities
- Manage annual grant calendars, relationships with foundations and other partner organizations
- Lead planning and execution of fundraising events
- Work closely with other members of the development team to revise and renew strategy
- Collaborate on stewardship projects
- Conduct prospect research and create donor cultivation plans
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.