Do you have at least 2+ years of development and donor database experience?
We are currently in search of a Development Associate for a Human Services Organization.
ORGANIZATION: Human Services Organization
LOCATION: Winnetka, IL
POSITION TITLE: Development Associate
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
Annual Pay: $45,000 – $50,000 /hour
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $17.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? We are looking for a Development Associate to support the Chief Development Officer in managing the donor database, processing gifts, researching potential donors, implementing stewardship activities and performing administrative tasks. This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently unemployed and looking to start a new position ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in development and database management
- Experience in MS Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge required
- Prior experience managing donor database preferred
- Experience with donor cultivation and stewardship is a huge plus
- Prior experience processing gifts
- Strong verbal communication and written skills, editing a plus
- Detail orientated, analytical thinker capable of working independently or collaborating
- Able to stay afterhours for weekend or evening events
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Process gifts, including timely data entry of checks and credit card donations and preparation of acknowledgement letters
- Reconcile gifts with business office
- Create and update donor records in Raiser’s Edge database
- Create and run queries, lists and reports
- Conduct prospect research on current and potential donors as needed
- Assist with the planning and implementation of stewardship activities (including birthday and anniversary cards) and events
- Write thank you notes, follow-up letters, donor profiles and other communications as requested
- Update donor wall and annual honor roll
- Support donor cultivation and solicitation efforts, including meeting and donor visit preparation and follow-up
- Coordination and administrative support for capital campaign
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Associate” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.