Are you an experienced fundraising, marketing, and project-oriented candidate?
We are currently in search of a Development & Communications Associate for a Small Social Services Organization. The position is based in South Chicagoland. This is a (temp-to-perm, part-time) assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Small Social Services Organization
LOCATION: South Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Development & Communications Associate
SALARY: $20.00/hour – $23.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? Responsibilities include managing the resource development activities of the Agency, working with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to conduct the annual operating campaign, special fundraising initiatives and ongoing endowment building efforts through major gift and planned giving solicitation, responsible for Donors and the contribution database.
Responsibilities include management of the Agency’s community relations and marketing by development of marketing materials to educate the public about the Agency’s services, corporate volunteer opportunities, recruiting corporate volunteers, managing special events, participating in public relations events in the community.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum three years’ experience in direct fundraising and/or a development role.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, Social Media Apps, and Kindful (or similar fundraising software), and Constant Contact.
- Excellent writing, verbal, proof-reading, and communication skills. Writing samples will be required.
- Networked in the greater Chicago philanthropic/donor community.
- Flexibility, creativity, and initiative.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information exercising excellent judgment and discretion.
- Understanding of fundraising programs and individual donor prospecting strategies.
- Experience with online fundraising campaigns.
- Personal experience in fundraising with a specific focus in closing gifts of $10k or more.
- Strong planning, interpersonal, project management, analytical, problem solving, budgeting, and administrative skills.
- Some night and weekend work will be required.
- Creative when facing challenges and opportunities.
- Motivated by the organization’s mission and vision.
- Team Player; understanding that everyone’s role is critical to the success of the Agency.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Achieve annual fundraising goals and maintain overall year after year increases in revenue generating activities ($750,000 in FY 2018-2019).
- Maintain and update the Agency’s Development Plan.
- Assess the current fundraising initiatives that support the operating revenues.
- Plan and implement the annual operating campaigns.
- Build donor base to support operations.
- Work with the Board of Directors in fundraising efforts.
- Responsible for writing, editing and publishing all marketing materials to be used including brochures, donor newsletters, emails, press releases, etc. ensuring clear, consistent, and accurate branding across all platforms.
- Responsible for updating the website, writing blog posts and developing and publishing content for social media sites (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube).
Management of Special Events (10%)
- Responsible for yearly fundraising events along with the Development committee.
- Develop opportunities for businesses and agencies to volunteer with House of Hope on community projects.
- Responsible for developing special events.
- Attend meetings of community groups that deal with issues related to our services as authorized by Executive Director.
Donor Database (5%)
- Insure that all contributions, both monetary and in-kind, are accurately entered into the Donor database.
- Responsible for reviewing the mailing lists generated by the data base for accuracy and any duplication.
- Responsible for verifying information on the Annual Report from database.
- Ensure that all contributors, both monetary and in-kind, are acknowledged by letter and listed in our Annual Report.
Recruitment of Volunteers (5%)
- Work with the Executive to develop a plan to recruit a sufficient number of volunteers to ensure volunteer positions are adequately staffed.
- Work with the Outreach Committee to establish and recruit volunteers for a young professional’s board.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to maintain relationships with Corporate Volunteers.
- Attend civic, social and business groups’ speaking engagements at the request of the Executive Director.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development & Communications Associate” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.