Do you have 1+ year of digital campaigning experience?
We are currently in search of a Digital Campaigner for a Progressive Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC, but will begin remotely. This is a full-time, temporary opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Progressive Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (begin remote)
POSITION TITLE: Digital Campaigner
DURATION: Temporary (~1 year)
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
Is This Your Dream Job? The Digital Campaigner will draft and execute on digital content including social media engagement and email campaigns to mobilize donors and voters. Working closely with the VP of Campaigns, this role will play an integral part in launching a voter outreach app and SMS platform.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1+ year of digital campaigning experience required
- Experience utilizing social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) as organizing tools
- Proficiency with online activism CRM’s such as NationBuilder, ActionNetwork, and EveryAction
- Deep understanding of rapid response email and social media campaigns and earned media
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Write and create compelling digital content for email marketing, social media and SMS outreach
- Work with the digital strategy firm to identify digital advertising opportunities
- Stay up to date on current events, identifying opportunities for rapid response
- Increase the organization’s reach by social media and email marketing engagement
- Launch and manage SMS advocacy outreach platform and relational voter outreach app
- Design and implement a regular reporting process for digital outreach to track results and make data-driven decisions
- Serve as a bridge between communications and organizing teams
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.