Are you experienced in Billing and Contract Compliance? Have you done Billing within Healthcare, Social Services or Education? Do you want to know you are making an impact on those who are being hit the hardest during the pandemic?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Director of Billing & Reimbursement for a Human Services Organization. The position is based in Alameda County in the Bay Area in CA (with some remote flexibility). This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Human Services Organization
LOCATION: Alameda County in the Bay Area, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Billing & Reimbursement
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
SALARY: Competitive with great benefits package
Is This Your Dream Job? The Director of Billing & Reimbursement reports to the CFO and will serve as a member of the leadership team in overseeing billing, collections and budget preparation for $100M+in government contracts. You will work closely with stakeholders throughout the organization as well as the Billing & Reimbursement team in managing the billing and reimbursement process for the entire organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years’ experience in Billing, Collections and Contract Compliance, ideally in Healthcare or Social Services industries, with 3+ years’ experience managing a Billing department or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting/related field required and/or Master’s degree in finance/accounting
- Knowledge of Federal and Government/third-party requirements, Medi-Cal/Medicaid regulations, and electronic filing of claims
- Strong understanding of HUD regulations (US Dept of Housing & Urban Development)
- Proficiency in Windows-based PC operating system, billing software and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to manage high volume, complex contracts
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, with ability to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience leading in a growing organization with significant budget growth
- Strong interest in supporting the nonprofit sector
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Oversee Billing and Reimbursement process for the entire organization
- Lead and manage the billing of all government contracts, advising leadership on the day-to-day implementation and interpretation to ensure policy and procedure compliance
- Serve as the organization’s liaison and primary contact for funders on all items related to invoicing, including 100+ government contracts
- Maintain days in accounts receivable and unbilled levels at below industry standards
- Direct supervision of 15+ staff, including ensuring ongoing training and development of staff knowledge and abilities in billing & compliance requirements
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad