Do you believe it’s important for every child to have access to a healthy life?
Are you excellent at writing proposals and building relationships with donors?
Do you want to make an impact on the lives of kids, schools, families, and communities?
We are currently in search of a Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations for a Youth Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Youth Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and will play a key role in the success of the Organization by driving philanthropic and other resource development partnerships, with a focus on corporate and foundation giving. Working closely with the rest of the Development Team, this person will use their relationship-building skills to cultivate and steward national prospects, working to deliver significant gifts from institutional supporters. The Organization is seeking a tech-savvy collaborative and confident decision maker, who is an excellent written and verbal communicator.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Advanced proficiency in using technology for fund development, including fluency in videoconferencing, CRM (Raiser’s Edge or SalesForce preferred), and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exemplary development writing expertise, such as: grant proposals, concept presentations and pitches for both corporate and foundation audiences.
- Corporate and foundation stewardship with a proven track record of success in securing five and six figure gifts.
- Demonstrated experience in managing corporate sponsorships, cause-marketing campaigns, and employee engagement activations.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to individuals, and small and large groups.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with leadership, prospects, donors, and board members.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Cultivate and secure national prospects to deliver significant gifts from corporate and foundation supporters, working in partnership with the CEO, CDO and Organization’s Board of Directors.
- Work reciprocally and cross-functionally regarding the creation, ideation and submission of concepts and proposals.
- Maintain oversight of the National institutional funding calendar, including foundation, corporate and government proposal submissions and reports.
- Serve on cross-functional parent engagement matrix team.
- Support and attend key organizational events, functions and speaking engagements.
- Conducts research to identify prospects and creates strategies to match prospects’ interests to the priorities of the organization.
- Travel required up to 15%.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.