Do you have 5+ years of development management experience?
We are currently in search of a Director of Development for a Progressive Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC, but will begin remotely. This is a full-time, temporary opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Progressive Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Remote to begin)
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
SCHEDULE: Full Time
Is This Your Dream Job? The Director of Development will provide interim strategy and management support to a larger grassroots development team. Prior experience with organizing and engaging progressive organizations and donors is critical to being successful in this role. This will be a short-term interim position.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 5+ years of development experience required
- Proven ability to engage progressive donors required
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Strong track record of building complex and multi-faceted fundraising strategies
- Experience working in a faith-based or social justice environment a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Supervise and guide 2 Development Managers with support from CEO and COO
- Ensure development team is working cohesively to support and engage new and existing donors
- Track progress on individual donor campaigns, grant applications and corporate relationships
- Enhance big-picture development strategy during election season and beyond
- Engage and nurture progressive corporate donors
- Work with Executive Team to meet organizational goals and build new strategy as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.