We are currently in search of a Director of Development & Communications for a Medical Research Organization. The position is based in Los Angeles, CA. This is a permanent, full-time role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Medical Research Organization
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
SALARY: $110K – $120K
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, you will serve as an essential member of the Leadership team to secure corporate, institutional and individual donations at all levels. You will be actively leading all strategic efforts for partnership building to achieve a yearly $3M fundraising goal and have a strong track record in of securing 6- to 7-figure gifts. As the Director of Development and Communications, you will mentor and supervise a development team within a growing organization to engage the Los Angeles community and beyond on the importance of respiratory education and research.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7-10 years of continued development, sales, and major gift experience, as well as management and leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced knowledge of the Los Angeles philanthropic sector required
- Experience working with nonprofit fundraising databases, such as Blackbaud and/or Salesforce
- Passionate about medical advocacy and education
- Entrepreneurial data-minded thinker with an ability to consistently meet fundraising goals, as well as managing a pipeline of 110-150 donors
- Skilled in creating digital marketing campaigns, events, and engaging corporate partnerships
- Comfortable leading/ inspiring a team of development professionals, working collaboratively, and being a strong team player; possess a positive and entrepreneurial mindset
- Outgoing, metrics-driven personality with a solid history of managing relationships and serving as a leader within an organization
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Actively strategize solicitations and secure major gifts from individual, corporate, and foundation donors to successfully meet yearly fundraising goals
- Consistently managing a portfolio of 50+ major gift prospects at all levels in Los Angeles, as well as building strong relationships with prospective and current donors
- Lead and mentor Development staff, offering guidance and expertise on fundraising strategy and best practices
- Serve as a liaison to the Board of Directors to present consistent fundraising/organizational updates; manage and track department budget
- Manage Annual Gala event coordination and lead efforts in bringing in all corporate sponsorships
- Serve as the “face” of the organization and as a direct line of communication for all donors; educate community members on the organization’s current and future programs/ services
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Development & Communications” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.