Do you enjoy creating and implementing development strategies?
Are you passionate about youth education?
Do you thrive in a deadline-driven environment?
We are currently in search of a Director of Development for an Educational Organization. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Downtown Chicago, IL.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Organization
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Director of Development creates and executes fundraising efforts for the organization and assists the CEO in managing donor relationships. The Director of Development will be responsible for cultivating and nurturing new individual, corporate, and institutional donors to support the Organization. The Organization is seeking a flexible, self-starter who enjoys setting and meeting goals, while supporting the mission of the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in nonprofit development, previous experience in educational organization preferred.
- Highly experienced in fundraising databases, Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Mission-driven and creative problem solver.
- Comfortable creating new processes.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and execute a long-term fundraising strategy to support ongoing and new initiatives.
- Establish systems and processes to carry out fundraising activities.
- Conduct prospect research and develop a list of individual, corporate, and institutional donors.
- Maintain the donor database.
- Identify grants, write proposals and prepare application materials to ensure timely submission.
- Prepare and conduct donor presentations, including prepping the internal team.
- Develop strategies to effectively cultivate, manage, and maintain external relationships.
- Work closely with the CEO to manage external relationships and build potential donor partnership.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.