Do you enjoy creating and implementing development strategies?
Are you known for your ability to build strong donor relationships?
We are currently in search of a Director of Development for an Association’s Charitable Organization. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Northbrook, IL or Dallas, TX.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association’s Charitable Organization
LOCATION: Northbrook, IL or Dallas, TX
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Director of Development will develop and implement a strategic plan to raise funds for the Association’s Charitable Organization. This individual will manage all aspects of the development program to maintain and grow support for the Charitable Organization. This person will report to the Executive Director of the Association and supervise two Program Directors within the Charitable Organization. The Association is seeking an individual who works well independently, is creative and organized, and is excited about the opportunity to build and grow the fundraising program.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred, not required.
- Minimum 5 years, 7-10 years of experience in nonprofit development, preferred.
- Previous experience working with a member-driven organization/association a plus.
- Experience working with major gifts, and/or foundation, corporate, or government funding required.
- Experienced in fundraising databases.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills required.
- Excels at creating new processes and identifying new donor opportunities.
- Excellent organization, project management, listening skills with focus on managing/enhancing relationships and ability to communicate the organization’s mission to prospects and other stakeholders.
- Results-oriented and creative, solution-focused with an ability to meet fundraising goals.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan.
- Work collaboratively with leadership to expand and diversify financial resources and explore new revenue generating activities.
- Secure vital financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develop and maintain strong ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Supervise program directors.
- Attend the Annual Trade Show / Convention.
- Travel – approximately 10% required.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.