Are you passionate about community and human services?
Do you have at least 5 years of experience in corporate sponsorships and giving in a human services, education, or healthcare setting?
Do you work well on a passionate team that is dedicated to their mission?
We are currently in search of a Director of Development for a Human Services Organization. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Chicago, IL.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Human Services Organization
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Director of Development leads and executes fundraising efforts and events for the organization and assists the CEO in expanding corporate and foundation awareness of organization programming. The Director of Development will interact regularly with the CEO, program leadership, senior management, and the Board of Directors. The Organization is seeking a proactive, self-starter with an executive presence who possesses strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in corporate sponsorships and giving, preferably in a Human Services, Education, or healthcare setting is required.
- Highly experienced in Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, and other CRM or fundraising databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong leadership communication, supervisory, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as resourcefulness.
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented team environment required and ability to serve as a strong and effective advocate the Organization’s prospective donors and the corporate community.
- Discretion with confidential materials required and demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and corporate leaders.
- Ability and willingness to travel on a limited basis.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Leading the planning, organization, implementation, and the evaluation of fundraising activities to meet the goals of the organization’s campaigns and general operations of the organization.
- Leading partnerships with corporate and foundation community service volunteer events.
- Managing and developing relationships with current and potential corporate and foundation donors.
- Writing and submitting grant proposals, applications, and reports; developing fundraising presentations; manage and maintain a calendar of grant proposal and report submissions.
- Developing marketing strategies and plans for annual fundraising events.
- Maintaining a database of donations and contacts.
- Soliciting sponsorships, donations, and corporate matching gifts.
- Identifying new foundations, corporations and opportunities to cultivate prospective donors.
- Supervising the development of the donor database in Salesforce and prospecting management process to guide cultivation and solicitation activities.
- Collaborating with CEO, Program Directors, and Senior Management in identifying new grant opportunities for donors to advance the organizations’ impact in the lives of clients.
- Supporting the CEO in staffing the board level Development Committee.
- Tracking and monitoring development activities and accomplishments and submit timely reports to the CEO and others as required.
- Preparing/recommending/administering annual development budget.
- Assuring organizational compliance with generally accepted fund-raising principles, financial reporting requirements and ethical codes of professional conduct.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume (.pdf, .doc, .docx format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.