Are you a finance professional looking to impact the lives of those most in need?
We are currently in search of a Director of Finance for a large, established and reputable social justice organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Justice Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Finance
Is This Your Dream Job? The Director of Finance will report to the Chief Financial Officer and serve as an integral member of the finance team and leadership team. You would be responsible for the organization’s financial well-being, overseeing a variety of financial responsibilities for the organization. The Director of Finance will also help to scale these areas as the organization grows and ensure that these systems advance the organizations’ strategic growth plan, comply with all relevant laws, maximize resources, and incorporate industry best practices. You would also lead and supervise a small finance team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 8+ years of nonprofit finance and/or commensurate experience
- Experience managing finances for a 7 to 8 figure organizational budget
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Experience budgeting, forecasting and preparing necessary documents for program, fundraising and grant submissions
- Adept in Intacct and Salesforce
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Desire to lead a finance team as well as work in a growing and collaborative nonprofit a must
- Excellent judgement and attention to detail
- Experience in a community-based organization with experience with state and federal funding is a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Launch and lead strategic initiatives, focusing on the big picture and potential scaling of the organization over time
- Run analysis to interpret key financial findings and present to senior leadership
- Proactively assess risk exposure, finance and liability scenarios
- Produce monthly and quarterly financial reports for staff and Board of Directors
- Oversee and lead a team responsible for financial operations, including banking, bookkeeping, payroll, and accounting as well as cash flow – managing payables, receivables, invoicing process, etc.
- Work closely with program team to identify gaps between projected expenses and secured revenue and long-term financial planning
- Work closely with fundraising team to prepare budgets required for grant applications and donor solicitations
- Prepare financial reports for institutional funders (foundations, government agencies)
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures and best practices
- Ensure timely submission of 990 tax returns and oversee annual audit process
- Coordinate reconciliation of Salesforce donor database and Intacct accounting systems
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to refer them our way, or send us their name and we can reach out.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.