Is This Your Dream Job? As the first Director of Housing and Employment Services for this organization, you will be responsible for leading, developing and measuring the implementation of their Employment and Housing programs. You will work closely with your program staff, as well as the Corporate Giving department, to explore diverse opportunities for your clientele and for the strategic planning of their implementation. You will hold a data-driven mindset and analyze all programmatic data to understand strengths, weaknesses and identify solutions. This role will serve as a strong relationship builder, bridging all gaps between programs, development, and the community, including local employers. This is an ideal role for a collaborative, nonprofit professional with a proven track record of building partnerships and effective project management, specifically in housing and employment services.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7-10 years of programs and/or consulting experience; 5+ years in a leadership capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree, highly desirable
- Advanced computer skills; experience with data management and measurement
- Passionate about serving disenfranchised communities
- Management experience specifically in a nonprofit setting, preferably with a direct service team
- Demonstrated expertise with building programs and establishing best practices
- Able to work among diverse clientele and working styles; effective listener who can manage expectations and provide results
- Expert oral and written communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Gather, analyze, and review the success of the Housing and Employment programs and effectively advise the best course of action, both in the short and long-term
- Supervise and mentor a Program Manager, as well as Case Managers, that includes hiring, scheduling, training, and professional development
- Collaborate with the Senior Clinical Director to oversee financial operations and actively monitor necessary budgets
- Actively build strong partnerships with local employers, as well as additional vocational resources and volunteers to serve as partners to the organizations
- Ensure the Housing program is well staffed and clients are adequately resourced
- Consistently implement project management deadlines and work closely with necessary team members to ensure deliverables and deadlines are being met
- Research and review best practices around policies and procedures on specific projects; recommend goals and objectives to colleagues
- Interact often with Senior Director and Clinical Director; provide expert-level consult to managers
- Serve as the right-hand program director; maintain and develop relationships among staff members and outside community leaders
- Execute special projects as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.